Last year saw Bay Area experts Byron Doyle and WFM Uyanga Byambaa split the top prize ahead of five masters. Check out Uyanga's report and annotations. IM Ricardo DeGuzman won this event frequently over the years, most recently the 2013 edition. Who will show up this year? Check the advance entry list.
The weather forecast calls for low to mid 90s on Friday through Sunday, considerably more comfortable than the 100s projected for the week. Dress comfortably!
- Event: Sacramento Chess Championship
- Dates: July 3-5 (3-day) or 4-5 (2-day)
- Location: 2224 Auburn Blvd in Sacramento (take Business-80 freeway to Howe Ave)
- Format: 6 Rounds in 3 Sections (Open, Reserve = U2000, Amateur = U1600)
- 3-day Rounds: Fri 10:00 and 3:30; Sat 10:30 and 4:00; Sun 10:00 and 3:30
- 2-day Rounds: Sat 9:00, 11:15, 1:30 and 4:00; Sun 10:00 and 3:30
- Time control -- Set Chronos clocks to mode CH-P6 (3-day) or CH-P5 (2-day)
- Open: 40/90, G/30 + 30/inc (2-day rounds 1-3 at G/50 + 15/inc)
- Res/Ama: 30/75, G/45 + 30/inc (2-day rounds 1-3 at G/50 + 15/inc)
- Entry: $90 (includes late fee)
- Projected Prizes: $625 for first in Open, $550 for first in two lower sections
- Flyer: http://sacramentochessclub.org/weekend_events/2015scc.pdf
- Entries: http://sacramentochessclub.org/weekend_events/2015scc.htm
- Hotel: Holiday Inn Express - Northeast Sacramento
- Bring Boards, Sets and Digital Clocks!