Photos of some of the top players at Silicon Valley Challenge #5, from left to right:
- NM Richard Koepcke tied for 2nd place, but lost to NM Steven Zierk.
- Koepcke won an exciting last round game against NM Albert Rich.
- Student Jeff Young also tied for 2nd, drawing with me and inching closer to 2000.
Most of the Redwood Middle School team will move up to Saratoga High School in a month:
- Math wizard Brian improved his chess rating by 300 points in a year.
- Kevin flexed his muscles to crush a 1950 in round 1.
- Bottom board Sankash is determined to join his teammates above 1600.