|NTD John McCumiskey|
This annual tournament has attracted 70 to 80 players in recent years, but 100 would sound nice. Probably a half dozen masters will enter the Open section, including an IM or two. Indeed, IM Ricardo DeGuzman won the 2010 and 2011 editions, but he was trumped by FM Kenan Zildzic in 2012. Yours truly intends to participate for the first time since 2009--when he actually won!
The latest weather forecast calls for low-90s on Friday through Sunday, much more comfortable than this week's 100s.
- Event: Sacramento Chess Championship
- Dates: July 5-7 (3-day) or 6-7 (2-day)
- Location: 2224 Auburn Blvd in Sacramento (take Business-80 freeway to Howe Ave)
- Format: 6 Rounds in 3 Sections (Open, U2000, U1600)
- 3-day Rounds: Fri 10 and 3:30, Sat 10:30 and 4, Sun 10 and 3:30
- 2-day Rounds: Sat 9, 11:15, 1:30 and 4, Sun 10 and 3:30
- Time control: 30/75, G/45 + 30/inc (2-day rounds 1-3 at G/50 + 15/inc)
- Chronos Clock use mode CH-P6 (3-day) or CH-P5 (2-day).
- Entry: $70 by July 1 or $80 on-site
- Prizes: $550 for 1st in Open, $425 for 1st in two lower sections
- Flyer: http://www.sacramentochessclub.org/weekend_events/2013scc.pdf
- Entries: http://www.sacramentochessclub.org/weekend_events/2013scc.htm
- Hotel: Holiday Inn Express - Northeast Sacramento
- Don't Forget to Bring Boards, Sets and Digital Clocks!